Eastern Indigo (Drymarchon couperi) Waiting List
I am releasing 20 spots on the 2022 waiting list for Eastern Indigo (Drymarchon couperi) hatchlings. Keep in mind, I RARELY produce black phase Easterns. It's 99% red throats. If you want a black phase you could be waiting quite awhile. I cannot offer unrelated pairs for 2022. All offspring are sired by Bronson for this season.
The full price of 2022 Eastern Indigos will be $1,500 each.
How It Works
- I release a limited number of spots on the list each year.
- Once everyone on the list has received their animal the rest will be sold first come first served at reptile conventions in person.
- There is a nonrefundable $100 deposit per animal required to be on the list.
- The deposit will be applied towards your purchase once an animal is available for you.
- Animals will not even be mentioned until they are feeding on frozen thawed prey regularly. Usually at least 3 feedings in a row.
- You will be shown an animal that fits the sex and species you are waiting on as they become available. If you pass on one it will go to the next person in line but you will maintain your position and will be shown the next one first. Keep in mind, if you keep passing I may run out of snakes for the year and you will be waiting for the next season.
- Position on the list is determined by when your deposit was received.
- There is no guaranteed time period in which you will receive an animal. It may take months, it may take a year or two. Things go wrong sometimes. Sometimes entire clutches die in the incubator. Some things are just simply out of my control.
- You are responsible for knowing your local laws. If you wait a year for an animal you can’t legally own, that’s on you. You wasted a year and you also lost your deposit.
- Animals will either be shipped FedEx overnight to a local hub or by hand.
- I reserve the right to remove anyone from the list as I see fit, with a full refund. Mostly the people that constantly ask me for updates. I promise you I want to find them all homes and you will be contacted as soon as it’s your turn. No need to ask for updates.
- You are not guaranteed a snake with-in a certain time period. Nature just doesn't allow me to do that.
- Final balance is due when your snake is ready to ship out. I will give you 5 business days to get the payment sent and after that you will move to the back of the list and I will move to the next person in line.
- Due to couperi requiring an Interstate Commerce Permit it should be stated that I will assist you in the permit process, but if you are denied for any reason this is considered to be an error on your end, not mine, and your deposit will not be refunded.
Eastern Indigos are ESA listed animals. Due to this they require an Interstate Commerce Permit in order to be sold across state lines. The permit is fairly straight forward to obtain from USFWS, but it does cost $100 and can take months to receive. Please be aware of this if you do not live in Texas. Texas residents do not need to be concerned by this as I am a Texas resident so nothing is required.